WHA/SafeWaterkloof 911 Emergency Rules
To maximize the effectiveness of this group and any future groups we need to implement some rules so that we don’t get emergencies lost in chatter. Persons who do not abide by these rules will be removed from this group or any other group.
This group is for emergencies only and is available to all residents of Waterkloof that are on the SW database. This includes the homeowner and partner. Others are allowed to join by invitation only. All members will be vetted for security. Initially we will include all residents but once SW is up and running we will include only members of SafeWaterkloof.
Any emergency event that is happening is deemed as justified i.e:
- Armed robbery
- A break in
- Any theft
- Request for urgent help
- Suspicious activity
- Concerns around security
- Urgent help medical/police.
The rules, in line with all norms for social groups, are:
- Always keep to the group description! Don’t share/post irrelevant messages.
- Don’t post bygones. Keep the posting current.
- When posting about suspicious activity please include detail where possible.
- Always contact your security company first before posting on this group.
- When posting an emergency please post your address and if possible the name of your security company
- Don’t post personal thoughts, beliefs and comments.
- Don’t post pictures
- Post your message in one single chunk of text, don’t post every word or sentence in a new message.
- Do not have one-on-one conversations in the group. Switch to private messages.
- Do not post between 21:00 and 05:00 unless it is an emergency.
- If someone asks a question and you don’t know the answer don’t respond with “I don’t know”. Just wait for someone who knows the answer to reply.
- Don’t send personal messages. If you feel you need to make a personal response to an incident like “I hope all okay” do so in a private message.
- If someone asks a question don’t respond if someone else has already answered, or else respond to the person directly in a private message.
- The group is not a political or religious platform. No arguing, no heated opinions, no fear mongering, no hyped up drama, no fake news. Check your sources before you share.
- No posting of any advertisements is allowed
- Never EVER use a group to berate someone else or air grievances. If you have an issue address it one on one with the relevant person.
- Official SafeWaterkloof messaging or updates will be posted from time to time. Alternative community groups such as Waterkloof General on Telegram should be used for social type messages by residents.
Members (security companies)
- No stickers allowed
- Only the first responder may respond as to outcome
- Standing down messages are not required from other security companies