Why are we moving to Telegram?
We have too many social media groups that make it difficult to manage. The Waterkloof Homeowners Association committee agreed on 28th April 2020 to standardise Telegram, as the resident communication platform. Telegram allows up to 200,000 people on the same chat group, all residents will be vetted increasing the security of the group. It will also make life easier for the security companies as it means they only need to monitor one group. Once we are up and running the 911 Emergency WhatsApp Groups will be phased out. We will also be adding other groups as we go along.
Planned Telegram Groups
We plan on the following groups in phase 1:
- 911 Emergency Waterkloof – subscribe here
Once pilots have been tested we will be able to migrate the other groups that have maxed out the WhatsApp ceiling of 256 members
- Waterkloof Community Group
- Waterkloof Walkways
- Pet Group
How to get on the Telegram 911 group
2 easy steps:
Installation & Registration
The registration process is very similar to WhatsApp.
Click here to install. If you have Telegram installed it will take you straight to the registration screen. If you have not installed telegram then you will be directed to the App/Play store.
You will be asked to verify your location. This is important because we want to limit this group to the Waterkloof boundary. If you try to register outside of Waterkloof it will not allow you in the group. You will also receive another location verification the following day.
The steps are easy two screens that might be tricky.
Sharing location click on the 4 dots on the bottom right of your screen.
You will be asked to share your location on the app, you will not be able to register without doing this.
There are a few other questions which we would like to ask you which we believe would be invaluable in securing Waterkloof as well as building community:
- Your first name
- Your last name
- Cell number
- Email address
- Street address
- Are you the owner?
- Are you the person responsible for the SafeWaterkloof account?
- Confirm SW account number
- Is the property an Ambassadorial residence?
- Total number of people living on the property over 18?
- Total number of people living on the property under 18?
- Do you have a domestic worker living on the property?
- What is your security company?
- What is your occupation?
- What interests/hobbies do you have?
- Would you like to volunteer time to WHA?
- Would you like to be a community street Captain?